Massachusetts Powerball Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Sunday, May 1st, 2016 04:00 AM
Place mouse over or click to view
|Mass Powerball | MA Powerball Results | MA Powerball|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Power Ball||PowerPlay|
|Sat Apr 30, 2016|
|Wed Apr 27, 2016|
|Sat Apr 23, 2016|
|Wed Apr 20, 2016|
|Sat Apr 16, 2016|
|Wed Apr 13, 2016|
|Sat Apr 09, 2016|
|Wed Apr 06, 2016|
|Sat Apr 02, 2016|
|Wed Mar 30, 2016|
Massachusetts(MA) Powerball Prizes and Odds
Massachusetts Powerball News and Payout for Saturday, April 30th, 2016
Updated: Sunday, May 1, 2016 01:47 AM
Massachusetts Powerball lottery News and Payout for Saturday, April 30th, 2016 Drawing
There has been another carry over in the jackpot for the multistate Powerball game - to $348 million. The cash option will be $226.1 million. The jackpot grew because no one hit all six numbers from Saturday night's $314 million drawing. The numbers from Saturday, April 30th, 2016 drawing were 03, 12, 16, 32, 34 and Powerball number was 14. The Powerball grand prize has been rolling over for 17 draws since Saturday, March 5th, 2016. A single lucky winner from Florida walked away with $292.00 million jackpot in Wednesday, March 2nd, 2016 drawing.
Even though there was no grand prize winner Saturday evening, some people still walked away with large winnings. There were three lucky winners matched the first 5 numbers but missed Powerball number, which won the second prize. The three second prize winning ticket(s) bought in California(1) and New York(2) will collect $1,000,000 cash.
In addition, 28 tickets matched 4 of the 5 lotto numbers, as well as the Powerball number. Those tickets are each worth $10,000. There were 6 tickets matched 4+1 with Power Play option, multiplying the winnings by 4 for a total win of $40,000 each! In addition, 928 tickets matched 4 of the 5 lotto numbers. Those tickets are each worth $100. There were 201 tickets matched 4 white ball with Power Play option, doubled the winnings to a total win of $200 each! Other prizes won Saturday evening included 2040 tickets that matched 3 white numbers as well as the Powerball and won $100. 428 additional tickets of this prize level were also bought with the Power Play option that doubled winnings to $200 cash.
With nine prize tiers, there were 1,236,205 tickets across U.S. won $12,777,256 prizes in the Saturday, April 30th, 2016 drawing.
Powerball is played in 42 states, D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. Powerball drawings are held 2 times a week every Wednesday and Saturday at 10:59 PM Eastern Time. The minimum Powerball grand prize is $40 million. The annuity option is paid in 30 graduated payments. Winners can choose one-time lump sum cash payout option instead.
There were 29,105 Powewrball winning tickets sold in the state of Massachusetts. A ticket sold in Massachusetts matched 4 white ball numbers as well as the Powerball. The lucky ticket holder will receive $10,000 cash. There were 73 lucky Massachusetts won $100 prize by matching 4 or 3+1 numbers. There were 9 lucky Massachusetts players won $200 prize by matching 4 or 3+1 numbers with Power Play purchased.
Find below the Mass Powerball prize payout highlights for the Saturday, April 30th, 2016's drawing.
- 1 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 + Powerball and won $50,000 each.
- 25 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 and won $100 each.
- 48 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Powerball and won $100 each.
- 1481 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 and won $7 each.
- 982 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Powerball and won $7 each.
- 7185 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Powerball and won $4 each.
- 16721 ticket(s) matched Powerball Only and won $4 each.
- 2 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 with PowerPlay purchased and won $300 each.
- 7 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $300 each.
- 150 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 with PowerPlay purchased and won $21 each.
- 117 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $21 each.
- 780 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $12 each.
- 1606 ticket(s) matched Powerball Only with PowerPlay purchased and won $12 each.
Click here for detailed information of Massachusetts Powerball payout and news.
About Massachusetts Powerball
Massachusetts Powerball is currently one of the most popular Massachusetts State Lottery Games.
It was launched in 2010, when Massachusetts State Lottery (MSL) along with 9 other Mega Millions members, joined Powerball in an agreement with the
Multi-State Lottery Association (MSUL) to start selling both Mega Millions and Powerball. This was the largest agreement in the history of US Lottery and
Massachusetts Powerball was thus added as a new game to the already wide list of games of MSL.
Prior to 2010, Powerball was played in the 33 jurisdictions of the Multi-State Lottery Association and currently this multi-state lottery game is played in
Massachusetts Powerball tickets started being sold on the 31st of January 2010 by 7500 MSL agents throughout the state.
About half of the money raised by the game is used for the prizes and for administration purposes but a significant part is used to support important
social issues. Since its beginning, the main goal of Massachusetts Powerball, much like other lottery games, has been to raise money for several municipal
services, including public safety and education. So far, Massachusetts Powerball has succeeded in gathering billions of dollars for these
community-supporting and charitable projects and the success of the game indicates that it will continue to contribute in the future.
Powerball is a cash game and it involves a very big jackpot as well. Its popularity has been rising greatly due to the huge prizes awarded. Powerball
jackpots are almost always the highest of all lottery games and that attracts more and more players.
Jackpots surpass 100 million dollars frequently and in 2006, it reached almost 400 million dollars. The record-breaking value of about $580 million was set
in November 2012 and the prize was split between eight winners.
Powerball is also responsible for the largest prize awarded to one single ticket which was bought in August 2012 in Michigan.
It has undergone different changes in the way it is played and Massachusetts Powerball's current version, Powerball Enriched, dates from 15 January 2012.
The cost increased from $1 to $2 but this allows for bigger jackpots and higher chances to win. Previously the minimum prize was $20 million but since the
new rules were put into place it has reached $40 million and the number of red balls has reduced from 39 to 35. Having fewer red ball numbers increases the
odds of winning a jackpot. The second prize, which was $200,000, is now $1,000,000 cash.
How to play Massachusetts Powerball
- The first thing to do to play Massachusetts Powerball is to purchase a Massachusetts Powerball play card in one of the Massachusetts Lottery
agents. The price of one basic card is $2.
- Then choose five numbers out of fifty nine. Check each number. You cannot erase the numbers you have already chosen.
- Choose one Power ball number out of thirty five. Check each number. You cannot erase the numbers you have already chosen.
- Choose the Power Play feature by marking the box (optional). This allows you to increase your non-jackpot prizes. The additional cost of Power
Play is $1.
- Mark the number of times you want to play your numbers in consecutive draws (optional).
- After completing your play card, give it to an Online Agent for registration. You should receive a ticket as a receipt and the numbers and
drawings on it must match the ones you played.
- For security reasons, sign the back of your ticket in pencil or blue ink. This is the ticket you will use to check the result and to claim your
- Check the result of the following Massachusetts Powerball drawing - Wednesday or Saturday - to see if you have matching numbers.
- In case you have one of the nine winning combinations, claim your prize in any Massachusetts Lottery Agent.
Alternatively, you can use Quick Pick to have your numbers selected by a computer. The chances of winning are the same either you choose the numbers
yourself or leave it up to the computer.
The betting polls for the Massachusetts Powerball open at 5 am and close at 9:50pm
How to Win Massachusetts Powerball?
Compared to other lottery games, the chances of winning in the Massachusetts Powerball are very high. The odds of getting a prize are estimated to be 1 to
32. The more you play the more chances you have to win.
If the red Powerball is a match, then you are sure to get a prize of $4 which will increase according to the number of matching white balls.
If you match the five white balls you win the second prize of $1,000,000.
For the jackpot, the numbers you choose for your Massachusetts Powerball play card must match the 5 white balls from the drawing as well as the red ball.
The winner has the option of receiving the prize entirely on a single payment, or in 30 payments over the course of 29 years. In this option the amounts
will increase each year at a rate defined by the existing rules.
A player that wins the jackpot has 60 days to choose the payment method and all players have one year to claim their prizes.
Why choose Power Play?
By choosing the Power Play feature, you will always multiply your prize amount except if you win the Massachusetts Powerball jackpot.
Your lowest prize will be $12 instead of $4 and you will receive $14 instead of $7.
Furthermore, the $100 prize doubles to $200 and the $10,000 shoots to $40,000.
If you get the second prize of five matching white balls, you will win $2 million while you would only win $1 million without the Power Play.
| Massachusetts Powerball
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Wed May 4, 2016
Change: +$34.00 Million