Massachusetts Powerball Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 11:00 PM
Place mouse over or click to view
|Mass Powerball | MA Powerball Results | MA Powerball|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Power Ball||PowerPlay|
|Wed Jan 18, 2017|
|Sat Jan 14, 2017|
|Wed Jan 11, 2017|
|Sat Jan 07, 2017|
|Wed Jan 04, 2017|
|Sat Dec 31, 2016|
|Wed Dec 28, 2016|
|Sat Dec 24, 2016|
|Wed Dec 21, 2016|
|Sat Dec 17, 2016|
Massachusetts(MA) Powerball Prizes and Odds
Massachusetts Powerball News and Payout for Wednesday, January 18th, 2017
Updated: Thursday, January 19, 2017 12:51 AM
Mass Powerball lottery News and Payout for Wednesday, January 18th, 2017 Drawing
The MUSL lottery official announced that the Wednesday, January 18th, 2017, POWERBALL's drawing resulted in a rollover, generating a $153 million grand prize for the next drawing Saturday. The cash value stands at an estimated $93.5 million. The winning numbers drawn Wednesday night, January 18th, 2017 were 09, 40, 41, 53, 58 with Power Ball 12. There was no jackpot winning ticket sold in the past 9 draws since Wednesday, December 21st, 2016. The last jackpot was won by a single ticket sold in Delaware, matched all six numbers for a $119.00 million top prize.
While there was no jackpot winner Wednesday evening, some players still walked away with huge prizes. There was only one lucky winner correctly matched all five numbers but missed Powerball number, which won the second prize. The one lucky ticket(s) sold in Illinois, each won $1 million cash by matching all 5 white ball numbers.
Additional major winners Wednesday night included 8 tickets that matched 4 white ball numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000. There were 2 tickets matched 4+1 with Power Play option, multiplying the prizes by 4 for a total win of $40,000 each! Other winners Wednesday evening included 282 tickets that matched four white ball numbers and won $100. 83 additional players not only matched 4 white ball, and also bought the Power Play option, double the prizes to a total win of $200 each! Additional prizes won Wednesday evening included 682 tickets that matched 3 white numbers plus the Powerball and won $100. 189 additional tickets of this prize level were also bought with the Power Play option that doubled the prize to $200 cash.
With 9 different prize levels, the Wednesday night's drawing generated 587,152 winning tickets across the nation with a total amount of $4,709,750 prizes.
Powerball is one of the most popular lottery games in the U.S. can be played in 44 member states as a pari-mutuel jackpot game. Powerball drawings occur every Wednesday and Saturday night at 10:59 p.m. Eastern Time. To play, select 5 numbers from 1 to 59 then select one Powerball number from 1 to 35. The odds of winning are about 1 to 32. The odds of matching all six Powerball numbers are 1 to 175,223,510. The minimum Powerball grand prize starts at $40 million. The annuity option is paid in 30 graduated installments in 29 years. Winners can choose one time lump-sum cash payout option instead.
There were 11,620 Powerball winning tickets sold in the state of Massachusetts. Find below the Massachusetts Powerball payout highlights for the Wednesday, January 18th, 2017's drawing.
- 8 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 and won $100 each.
- 17 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Powerball and won $100 each.
- 407 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 and won $7 each.
- 360 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Powerball and won $7 each.
- 3086 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Powerball and won $4 each.
- 7742 ticket(s) matched Powerball Only and won $4 each.
- 1 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 with PowerPlay purchased and won $200 each.
- 1 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $200 each.
- 51 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 with PowerPlay purchased and won $14 each.
- 35 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $14 each.
- 450 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $8 each.
- 1039 ticket(s) matched Powerball Only with PowerPlay purchased and won $8 each.
Click here for detailed information of Massachusetts Powerball payout and news.
About Massachusetts Powerball
Massachusetts Powerball is currently one of the most popular Massachusetts State Lottery Games.
It was launched in 2010, when Massachusetts State Lottery (MSL) along with 9 other Mega Millions members, joined Powerball in an agreement with the
Multi-State Lottery Association (MSUL) to start selling both Mega Millions and Powerball. This was the largest agreement in the history of US Lottery and
Massachusetts Powerball was thus added as a new game to the already wide list of games of MSL.
Prior to 2010, Powerball was played in the 33 jurisdictions of the Multi-State Lottery Association and currently this multi-state lottery game is played in
Massachusetts Powerball tickets started being sold on the 31st of January 2010 by 7500 MSL agents throughout the state.
About half of the money raised by the game is used for the prizes and for administration purposes but a significant part is used to support important
social issues. Since its beginning, the main goal of Massachusetts Powerball, much like other lottery games, has been to raise money for several municipal
services, including public safety and education. So far, Massachusetts Powerball has succeeded in gathering billions of dollars for these
community-supporting and charitable projects and the success of the game indicates that it will continue to contribute in the future.
Powerball is a cash game and it involves a very big jackpot as well. Its popularity has been rising greatly due to the huge prizes awarded. Powerball
jackpots are almost always the highest of all lottery games and that attracts more and more players.
Jackpots surpass 100 million dollars frequently and in 2006, it reached almost 400 million dollars. The record-breaking value of about $580 million was set
in November 2012 and the prize was split between eight winners.
Powerball is also responsible for the largest prize awarded to one single ticket which was bought in August 2012 in Michigan.
It has undergone different changes in the way it is played and Massachusetts Powerball's current version, Powerball Enriched, dates from 15 January 2012.
The cost increased from $1 to $2 but this allows for bigger jackpots and higher chances to win. Previously the minimum prize was $20 million but since the
new rules were put into place it has reached $40 million and the number of red balls has reduced from 39 to 35. Having fewer red ball numbers increases the
odds of winning a jackpot. The second prize, which was $200,000, is now $1,000,000 cash.
How to play Massachusetts Powerball
- The first thing to do to play Massachusetts Powerball is to purchase a Massachusetts Powerball play card in one of the Massachusetts Lottery
agents. The price of one basic card is $2.
- Then choose five numbers out of fifty nine. Check each number. You cannot erase the numbers you have already chosen.
- Choose one Power ball number out of thirty five. Check each number. You cannot erase the numbers you have already chosen.
- Choose the Power Play feature by marking the box (optional). This allows you to increase your non-jackpot prizes. The additional cost of Power
Play is $1.
- Mark the number of times you want to play your numbers in consecutive draws (optional).
- After completing your play card, give it to an Online Agent for registration. You should receive a ticket as a receipt and the numbers and
drawings on it must match the ones you played.
- For security reasons, sign the back of your ticket in pencil or blue ink. This is the ticket you will use to check the result and to claim your
- Check the result of the following Massachusetts Powerball drawing - Wednesday or Saturday - to see if you have matching numbers.
- In case you have one of the nine winning combinations, claim your prize in any Massachusetts Lottery Agent.
Alternatively, you can use Quick Pick to have your numbers selected by a computer. The chances of winning are the same either you choose the numbers
yourself or leave it up to the computer.
The betting polls for the Massachusetts Powerball open at 5 am and close at 9:50pm
How to Win Massachusetts Powerball?
Compared to other lottery games, the chances of winning in the Massachusetts Powerball are very high. The odds of getting a prize are estimated to be 1 to
32. The more you play the more chances you have to win.
If the red Powerball is a match, then you are sure to get a prize of $4 which will increase according to the number of matching white balls.
If you match the five white balls you win the second prize of $1,000,000.
For the jackpot, the numbers you choose for your Massachusetts Powerball play card must match the 5 white balls from the drawing as well as the red ball.
The winner has the option of receiving the prize entirely on a single payment, or in 30 payments over the course of 29 years. In this option the amounts
will increase each year at a rate defined by the existing rules.
A player that wins the jackpot has 60 days to choose the payment method and all players have one year to claim their prizes.
Why choose Power Play?
By choosing the Power Play feature, you will always multiply your prize amount except if you win the Massachusetts Powerball jackpot.
Your lowest prize will be $12 instead of $4 and you will receive $14 instead of $7.
Furthermore, the $100 prize doubles to $200 and the $10,000 shoots to $40,000.
If you get the second prize of five matching white balls, you will win $2 million while you would only win $1 million without the Power Play.
| Massachusetts Powerball
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Sat Jan 21, 2017
Change: +$18.00 Million