Massachusetts Powerball Results, Intelligent Picks, Lotto Wheels
Updated: Sunday, April 30th, 2017 12:01 AM
Place mouse over or click to view
|Mass Powerball | MA Powerball Results | MA Powerball|
|#||Draw Date||Winning Numbers||Power Ball||PowerPlay|
|Sat Apr 29, 2017|
|Wed Apr 26, 2017|
|Sat Apr 22, 2017|
|Wed Apr 19, 2017|
|Sat Apr 15, 2017|
|Wed Apr 12, 2017|
|Sat Apr 08, 2017|
|Wed Apr 05, 2017|
|Sat Apr 01, 2017|
|Wed Mar 29, 2017|
Massachusetts(MA) Powerball Prizes and Odds
Massachusetts Powerball News and Payout for Saturday, April 29th, 2017
Updated: Sunday, April 30, 2017 01:52 AM
Mass Powerball News and Payout for Saturday, April 29th, 2017 Drawing
There has been another carry over in the grand prize for the multistate Powerball - to $130 million. The cash value will be $80.1 million. The jackpot grew since nobody hit all six winning numbers from Saturday night's $113 million drawing. The numbers from Saturday night, April 29th, 2017 were 22, 23, 24, 45, 62 with Power Ball 05. The Powerball jackpot has been rolling over for eight draws since Wednesday, April 5th, 2017. One lucky winner from Arizona won the $60.00 million jackpot in Saturday, April 1st, 2017 drawing.
Even though the jackpot was not awarded Saturday evening, Powerball did produce some big winners. There was a sole second prize winning ticket from Saturday night's Powerball drawing, matching all 5 white ball numbers except the Powerball number. The 1 lucky ticket(s) purchased in West Virginia, each won 1 million dollar cash by matching all 5 white ball numbers.
Other major winners Saturday night included 5 tickets that matched four white ball numbers plus the Powerball and won $10,000. 2 additional players not only matched 4+1, but in addition bought the Power Play option, multiplying the winnings by 4 for a total win of $40,000 each! Additional prizes won Saturday night included 293 tickets that matched 4 white numbers and won $100. 62 additional tickets at this prize level were also wisely bought with the Power Play option that doubled the prize to $200 cash! Additional prizes won Saturday evening included 909 tickets that matched 3 white numbers together with Powerball and won $100. 207 additional tickets at this prize level were also purchased with the Power Play option that doubled the prize to $200 cash.
With nine different ways to win, there were a total of 669,858 tickets across the nation won $5,016,621 prizes in the Saturday, April 29th, 2017 drawing.
America's favorite Powerball game is played in 42 states, D.C. and the US Virgin Islands. Each play costs $2. Players can choose to spend $1 extra to purchase the Power Play option, which increases the winnings but not grand prize. The overall odds of winning any prizes are about 1 to 32. The chances of matching 6 Powerball numbers are 1 to 175,223,510. The minimum Powerball advertised jackpot is 40 million dollar. Its annuity option is paid in 30 yearly increment installments. Winners may choose one lump sum cash payout instead.
There were 14,145 Powerball winning tickets sold in the state of Massachusetts. Find below the Mass Powerball prize payout highlights for the Saturday, April 29th, 2017's drawing.
- 3 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 and won $100 each.
- 27 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Powerball and won $100 each.
- 509 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 and won $7 each.
- 544 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Powerball and won $7 each.
- 3993 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Powerball and won $4 each.
- 9069 ticket(s) matched Powerball Only and won $4 each.
- 1 ticket(s) matched 4 of 5 with PowerPlay purchased and won $200 each.
- 3 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $200 each.
- 56 ticket(s) matched 3 of 5 with PowerPlay purchased and won $14 each.
- 80 ticket(s) matched 2 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $14 each.
- 538 ticket(s) matched 1 of 5 + Powerball with PowerPlay purchased and won $8 each.
- 1273 ticket(s) matched Powerball Only with PowerPlay purchased and won $8 each.
Click here for detailed information of Massachusetts Powerball payout and news.
About Massachusetts Powerball
Massachusetts Powerball is currently one of the most popular Massachusetts State Lottery Games.
It was launched in 2010, when Massachusetts State Lottery (MSL) along with 9 other Mega Millions members, joined Powerball in an agreement with the
Multi-State Lottery Association (MSUL) to start selling both Mega Millions and Powerball. This was the largest agreement in the history of US Lottery and
Massachusetts Powerball was thus added as a new game to the already wide list of games of MSL.
Prior to 2010, Powerball was played in the 33 jurisdictions of the Multi-State Lottery Association and currently this multi-state lottery game is played in
Massachusetts Powerball tickets started being sold on the 31st of January 2010 by 7500 MSL agents throughout the state.
About half of the money raised by the game is used for the prizes and for administration purposes but a significant part is used to support important
social issues. Since its beginning, the main goal of Massachusetts Powerball, much like other lottery games, has been to raise money for several municipal
services, including public safety and education. So far, Massachusetts Powerball has succeeded in gathering billions of dollars for these
community-supporting and charitable projects and the success of the game indicates that it will continue to contribute in the future.
Powerball is a cash game and it involves a very big jackpot as well. Its popularity has been rising greatly due to the huge prizes awarded. Powerball
jackpots are almost always the highest of all lottery games and that attracts more and more players.
Jackpots surpass 100 million dollars frequently and in 2006, it reached almost 400 million dollars. The record-breaking value of about $580 million was set
in November 2012 and the prize was split between eight winners.
Powerball is also responsible for the largest prize awarded to one single ticket which was bought in August 2012 in Michigan.
It has undergone different changes in the way it is played and Massachusetts Powerball's current version, Powerball Enriched, dates from 15 January 2012.
The cost increased from $1 to $2 but this allows for bigger jackpots and higher chances to win. Previously the minimum prize was $20 million but since the
new rules were put into place it has reached $40 million and the number of red balls has reduced from 39 to 35. Having fewer red ball numbers increases the
odds of winning a jackpot. The second prize, which was $200,000, is now $1,000,000 cash.
How to play Massachusetts Powerball
- The first thing to do to play Massachusetts Powerball is to purchase a Massachusetts Powerball play card in one of the Massachusetts Lottery
agents. The price of one basic card is $2.
- Then choose five numbers out of fifty nine. Check each number. You cannot erase the numbers you have already chosen.
- Choose one Power ball number out of thirty five. Check each number. You cannot erase the numbers you have already chosen.
- Choose the Power Play feature by marking the box (optional). This allows you to increase your non-jackpot prizes. The additional cost of Power
Play is $1.
- Mark the number of times you want to play your numbers in consecutive draws (optional).
- After completing your play card, give it to an Online Agent for registration. You should receive a ticket as a receipt and the numbers and
drawings on it must match the ones you played.
- For security reasons, sign the back of your ticket in pencil or blue ink. This is the ticket you will use to check the result and to claim your
- Check the result of the following Massachusetts Powerball drawing - Wednesday or Saturday - to see if you have matching numbers.
- In case you have one of the nine winning combinations, claim your prize in any Massachusetts Lottery Agent.
Alternatively, you can use Quick Pick to have your numbers selected by a computer. The chances of winning are the same either you choose the numbers
yourself or leave it up to the computer.
The betting polls for the Massachusetts Powerball open at 5 am and close at 9:50pm
How to Win Massachusetts Powerball?
Compared to other lottery games, the chances of winning in the Massachusetts Powerball are very high. The odds of getting a prize are estimated to be 1 to
32. The more you play the more chances you have to win.
If the red Powerball is a match, then you are sure to get a prize of $4 which will increase according to the number of matching white balls.
If you match the five white balls you win the second prize of $1,000,000.
For the jackpot, the numbers you choose for your Massachusetts Powerball play card must match the 5 white balls from the drawing as well as the red ball.
The winner has the option of receiving the prize entirely on a single payment, or in 30 payments over the course of 29 years. In this option the amounts
will increase each year at a rate defined by the existing rules.
A player that wins the jackpot has 60 days to choose the payment method and all players have one year to claim their prizes.
Why choose Power Play?
By choosing the Power Play feature, you will always multiply your prize amount except if you win the Massachusetts Powerball jackpot.
Your lowest prize will be $12 instead of $4 and you will receive $14 instead of $7.
Furthermore, the $100 prize doubles to $200 and the $10,000 shoots to $40,000.
If you get the second prize of five matching white balls, you will win $2 million while you would only win $1 million without the Power Play.
| Massachusetts Powerball
||SUN MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT|
Next Draw: Wed May 3, 2017
Change: +$17.00 Million